How does your practice keep up-to-date on all of the current techniques and materials?
Leslie Ann Bouvier, DMD subscribes to the latest industry journals to keep tabs on research and development in the dental industry. She also takes time on a regular basis for continuing education, and ensures the staff does the same. As a team and as individuals, our office makes it our responsibility to be familiar with the latest techniques and materials available.
How can I safely whiten my teeth?
There are a number of procedures available to help whiten your smile, from at-home whitening products to in-office supervised treatments. Leslie Ann Bouvier, DMD and her team can help evaluate the potential for whitening your teeth, based on their current color and the causes of any discoloration. In-office whitening is a way to “bump up” the color of your teeth instantly but always is followed by at-home treatments for the best results.
I want my front teeth to look better, but I do not want to wear braces. What would you recommend?
Leslie Ann Bouvier, DMD has a number of ways to improve the look of your front teeth without the use of unsightly braces. For slightly crooked or unevenly worn teeth, a bit of reshaping and the addition of porcelain veneers may be sufficient to give them a bright, uniform look. In other cases, it may be possible to straighten teeth using Invisalign™ – invisible aligners. We would be happy to talk with you further about the option that best suits your individual situation.
Do you accept referrals?
We are happy to accept referrals from other dental offices as well as from recommendations by our patients to their family and friends. Your referrals are our best compliments!
What do I do if I have an emergency when the office is closed?
In case of a true dental emergency, please contact our office voice mail and let us know the nature of your condition and we will return your call as soon as possible. During weekend hours, Leslie Ann Bouvier, DMD personally monitors all phone calls so that you can get the personal attention and care you deserve.
What different payment options do you provide?
Our office accepts Visa, MasterCard, and personal checks. And because your smile is important to us, we also offer CareCredit®, a convenient, low minimum monthly payment program for your entire family. CareCredit® is specifically designed to pay for healthcare and elective treatment not covered by insurance. For more information about CareCredit®, visit www.carecredit.com to find the plan that’s right for you.
What makes you different than any other dental practice I can visit?
When you become a patient of our practice, we think of you as a person, not just another set of teeth. Our goal is to help you obtain and then maintain the best possible oral health. We take time to get to know you and understand your dental history and evaluate the best options for your particular dental needs.
I really do not like visiting the dentist. Is there anything you can do to help me relax?
We understand many people have qualms about having their teeth worked on. We strive to create a relaxing atmosphere and get to know you and your individual concerns with receiving treatment so we can help try to avoid the thing that causes you the most stress. Our office environment is friendly and peaceful, with state of the art operatories featuring headphones, neck and back pillows, even a heated lavender wrap designed to keep you comfortable . In some cases, Leslie Dr. Bouvier can provide an oral sedation in order to reduce stress and provide additional comfort.
Crowns, veneers, onlays, implants and partials…where can I learn more about these procedures?
You can find more in-depth information about each of these devices by visiting the American Dental Association website. Below is a brief description of each:
- Crowns: Designed to fit snugly and function as normal teeth, crowns are used on cracked, broken, decayed, or worn teeth and are designed to protect those teeth from further damage as well as preserve your jaw’s correct natural alignment.
- Porcelain Veneers: These are thin sheets of ceramic porcelain that bond directly to the front surfaces of teeth. They are highly resistant to coffee, tea or other staining agents and most closely resemble healthy, white tooth enamel.
- Inlays & Onlays: Inlays and onlays are strong, attractive, and safe alternatives to metal fillings. Onlays are used for large restorations. They restore the area inside the cusp and extend over one or more sides of the tooth. Because of their size they are usually made of porcelain.
- Implants: Dental implants are essentially a surgical option to replace the root of a tooth. They can be used to support the replacement of one tooth or all the teeth. Leslie Ann Bouvier, DMD and a local oral surgeon team up to plan the placement and the restoration of your implant.
- Partials: Removable partial dentures usually consist of replacement teeth attached to pink or gum-colored plastic bases that are connected by metal framework. Partial dentures attach to your natural teeth with metal clasps or devices called precision attachments. Precision attachments are generally more esthetic than metal clasps and they are nearly invisible.
Can I get a consultation on my smile?
When you come to Leslie Ann Bouvier, DMD to update and improve your smile, she will begin by photographing your current smile. Together, you will review your smile to identify what you would like to change or improve and develop cosmetic treatment plan that will give you the smile you’ve always wanted.
Can I see your work or speak with your patients?
One of the best ways to begin this process is to show you some before and after photos of individuals who have come to us for cosmetic work and who may share similar features to you such as shape of face, skin color, etc. These photos allow you to see real work done on real people.
How does the dentist stay current on the latest techniques?
In addition to necessary continuing education, Dr. Bouvier is also a member of several local peer study groups. Area colleagues meet monthly to discuss advances, benchmarks, and to share best practices.
The experience was perfect. The staff was attentive; the hygienist was extremely thorough and didn’t miss a thing and offered a couple of things regarding my mouth, to Dr. Bouvier; and Dr. Bouvier was especially attentive, interested and engaged.